[Axiom-developer] OpenMath

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] OpenMath
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:09:23 -0400

Elena,

I looked briefly at the OpenMath support in Axiom.
I don't believe it is implemented in the best way as it seems
to jump off to an underlying C program rather than implement
it as Axiom code. Ideally you should be able to say:

  )set output OpenMath on

similar to the way TeX is handled. I'm going to look at what
it might take to get this working (and, as a side-effect, get
a better understanding of how TeX can be changed since we need
to fix TeXmacs also).

You should be able to pass an expression to Axiom with the
current setup. Let me know if we need to change the input
side of the system (the Java code I wrote).