Re: [Axiom-developer] OpenMath

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] OpenMath
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:03:12 +0100

Hi Tim (and Elena),

There are two separate issues here.  The first is the problem of reading
and writing streams of OpenMath tokens.  It is this which uses the
underlying C Library code (which by the way will probably be obsolote
soon: we are hoping to finalise OpenMath 2 in the next week or two).
The second is the question of serialising Axiom objects in OpenMath
encodings.  This is done in Axiom code via the OpenMath category, but is
only implemented for a few domains.

Cheers, Mike.