Re: [Axiom-developer] Graphics and user interfaces

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Graphics and user interfaces
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:38:49 -0500

> Axiom can connect. The most straightforward (admittedly primitive)
> improvement I can think of would be to allow Axiom to produce output
> in the same language that is used as input, since in a linear medium
> this is more readable than TeX, Fortran or the default output format.
> It isn't clear whether being able to feed Axiom output expressions
> back into Axiom (in a later session) would have broader advantages to
> the general user, however.

See FAQ 19: How can I get equations written on one line
for a way to get linear output.

It is unlikely that axiom will ever have read-write equivalence
although that would be very nice. However it would require decorating
the output terms with type information so that the reader could
reconstruct it.

The commercial version of axiom had a MathML front-end. That code
was not released but was sold to another company. It is now a
browser-plugin.