Re: [Axiom-developer] touchgraph, hypertex, hypergraph

From: Pierre Doucy
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] touchgraph, hypertex, hypergraph
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:45:46 +0100

> You are very welcome to try this again. I can provide you will a file
> in graphviz format that contains Axiom's algebra dependencies.

OK, send it ot me and I'll see what I can do.

> [...]
> Great. The Boost Graph Library looks quite complete. Thank you for
> the reference. Would you or anyone else here be interested in
> helping me get started with this, say finding the strongly connected
> components in the Axiom algebra dependency graph? Can someone sketch
> what would have to be done, e.g. starting like this:
>
>   1) download the boost distribution from here
>      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7586
>
>   2) convert the Axiom algebra dependency graph to format X?
>
>   3) run program Y? to load the graph
>
>   4) run program Z? to list the strongly connected components.

I guess I can to it, but probably not before the beginning of february.
I've got quite a lot of material related to big graphs and their algorithms.
The graphviz format should be ok to work w/ your graph (unless you
have specific needs that graphviz can't meet).

Regards,

Pierre

--
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.