RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 18:22:15 -0500

On December 3, 2005 5:14 PM Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> William Sit wrote:
>
> > If not under Axiom, what is your recommendation for an
> > environment to learn lisp?
>
> Perhaps "Practical Common Lisp" has an answer.
>
>      <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/>

I think this is a great book to read if you want to understand
how "2nd generation" lisp programmers think and work. You might
recall this is the same book recommended by Tim Daly Jr a few
weeks ago. After learning that the author of this book, Peter
Seibel, was another 2nd generation lisp programmer who had
started out "hacking perl" I just couldn't resist buying the
printed version. :)

Seibel recommends that you start here:

http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/
http://common-lisp.net/project/lispbox