Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:35:24 +0100

William Sit wrote:
I am not interested in editing in emacs (as a last resort, I can cut and paste
into an emacs buffer), but rather how to run a process (lisp).  As far as I
know, it is only an edit buffer. Supposedly, lisp is already running? There is
no "prompt" to enter a lisp expression and everything I entered was treated like
text.

If you are in Emacs, type

M-x lisp-interaction-mode

and hit RETURN.

(Here M-x is either ESC key and then "x" key or the "Alt" key and the "x" key together.)

That turns your buffer into a LISP buffer (which *scratch* normally is if you haven't deleted it). Now you type a LISP expression.

(defun f (x) (car x))

go with the cursor at the end of the line and hit Ctrl-j. That will evaluate that line.

Sorry, that is all I know, but perhaps it helps.

Ralf