RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:13:51 -0500

On Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:46 PM Tim Daly (root) wrote:

> > > src/interp/sys-pkg.lisp.pamphlet
>
> (make-package "SCRATCHPAD_COMPILER")     <--- SPAD obviously
>
>   the spad compiler package. although i believe this is a dead
>   package at this point. all of the symbols from this package
>   have been moved into the boot package.
>
> Bill Page wrote:
> > It would be nice to have a couple of sentences about each of
> > these packages.
>
> is that better? it is hard to guess the level of detail required.
> remember, i'm on the other end of a skinny pipe and the intent of
> the email may not be the meaning i derive from the message so a
> little guesswork and patience is necessary.

Yes! That is exactly what I was hoping for. I realize that email is
sometimes a "skinny pipe". I am willing to be patient and to explain
my question in a clearer manner ... without appearing annoyed. :)

At some point (soon now) I plan to "harvest" some of this exchange
for a summary page or two on the Axiom Wiki web site.

Thanks, Tim.