Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:18:19 -0400

> | The second patch was suggested by Norman Ramsey (author of noweb)
> | a couple of years ago. It provides a simple awk script to allow
> | noweb to be used with Axiom pamphlet files without modifications
> | to noweb.
> |
> | Together these two patches eliminate the need to build noweb and
> | gcl as part of the Axiom build and thus eliminate the need for
> | the corresponding .tgz files in the source code archive.
>
> That is interesting.  Do you have links to those patches so that we
> can see how we could/should consider them and work out the details
> with Tim?

I'd suggest creating a branch of silver to experiment with this.

But make it work EVERYWHERE. I do an extensive amount of testing
with every change I make to the system to try to ensure that it
works everywhere and I didn't break anything. It is NOT sufficient
in a global project to just get it to work on one system. The
sourceforge.net site has a compile farm which includes a range
of systems.

Whatever solution gets proposed it should 'just work'.