[Axiom-developer] Re: [AxiomDownload]

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [AxiomDownload]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:59:40 -0400

> I believe that it is/has been Tim Daly's procedure to first
> update the tla archive, as and when patches are applied but
> to only promote the code to CVS after more thorough testing -
> about once every two months or so.  The same CVS is available
> at both Savannah and Sourceforge, with sourceforge as a backup
> site. So the tla archive is not always in synch with the CVS.
> The tla archive is more current but less tested. Right, Tim?
> Perhaps we should only call the CVS "gold".

Almost. The tla, sourceforge cvs, and savannah cvs are all updated
simultaneously with fully tested code.

> I am not sure (yet) what we should say about the "silver" svn
> version since it still seems highly experimental to me - at
> least until we have an active maintainer of this version. As of
> Tim's most recent patch-49, the code of the source in svn is out
> of date.

It is my intention that the sourceforge SVN golden branch will also
track the other three archives with fully tested code. Unfortunately
my SVN client cannot communicate with sourceforge yet because it
cannot speak ssh. I need to update my client.