Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [AxiomDownload]

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [AxiomDownload]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:54:26 +0200

Hello Ralf,

2006/4/19, Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden>:
> Now it tells me only, how to send patches of single files to you.
> What would be the procedure if my modification involves several files?
> Remember people even might forget which files they actually modified. So
> how do they find out about all the different files. Would you use a
> 'tla' command to create the patch? Maybe 'tla changeset'?

Procedure that works for any Source Code Management system:

 1. you have your own modified Axiom in axiom-dxm/ (with relevant pamphlets)

 2. 'make clean' into axiom-dxm/

 3. checkout latest fresh cvs into axiom/, next to axiom-dxm/

 4. diff -Naur axiom/ axiom-dxm/ > wonderful-feature-dxm.patch

 5. send wonderful-feature-dxm.patch to Tim and address@hidden

Best wishes,
d.