[Axiom-developer] "Please add new attributes" message when building aldo

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: [Axiom-developer] "Please add new attributes" message when building aldor interface
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:10:02 +0200

Hi,

I have successfully built Axiom --patch-49 on my machine. And in the
process of building the Aldor interface (I followed the procedure
described in http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AldorForAxiomissue) i
encountered the following undocumented issue:

the build process stopped with this message:

cp /usr/local/axiom/src/aldor/as/attrib.as.head
/usr/local/axiom/int/aldor/as/attrib.as
Please add new attributes to /attrib.as.head
make[1]: *** [/usr/local/axiom/int/aldor/as/attrib.as] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** Destruction du fichier
« /usr/local/axiom/int/aldor/as/attrib.as »
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /usr/local/axiom/src/aldor »

It seems that the build process stops to allow user to modify
attrib.as.head that contains attributes defined in the axiom library
(for example shallowMutable). Indeed the libaxiom.mk contains a "@false"
line 70. So I modified libaxiom.mk and commented out this "@false" and
the build completes without any problem. I successfully tested Aldor in
axiom with the sample provided. So my questions are: is it a known
issue ? Is the Aldor interface correct ? Am I alone with this issue ? Is
it normal that the build process stops (it's not documented on
Mathaction) ? Was src_aldor2.tgz changed (I did not encounter this issue
in the past)?

Cheers,

Greg

PS: I don't know if the following helps but I built Aldor interface in
two times (the first time I decompressed src_aldor2 in the axiom root
directory) and I use make version 3.81rc2