Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom opportunity

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom opportunity
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:36:56 -0400

>>  But I would
>> like Axiom to be better than that; that is the reason why I talked to
>> Benjamin Kosnik about distribution when we met two-three weeks ago.  See the
>> "cross compilation issue" in another thread.
>
> RedHat *requires* cross-compilation capabilities. I'm not sure Axiom
> is able to do that.

Cross compilation? Axiom builds on all of the 12 (?) debian systems.
It is even rumored to have built on the Zaurus 6700 (a PDA).

All of that effort is due to Camm. Unfortunately his tarball of
patches are all undocumented so I have no idea why those changes
are necessary. I'm reluctant to make changes without understanding.