Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom opportunity

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom opportunity
Date: 26 Apr 2006 18:25:58 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| Axiom should build on any linux system without error.
| If you know of a system where you set the AXIOM shell variable
| properly and the build fails please
|   (a) post a console log
|   (b) try to figure out what failed and generate a patch.
|
| As far as I'm aware Axiom should build on SUSE.

Axiom builds on my linux box; but it does not support
cross-compilation.  Cross-compilation is not an issue when one has
access to the native machine with all the tool there.  It, however, is
an issue when packaging for systems; if we don't have that it would be
difficult to have Axiom come out of the box with major linux distros.

Axiom currently builds on the linux boxes I have access to (RH, SuSE,
Unbuntu) but it installs in non-"standard" locations; that is "easy"
to correct with a minimal Autoconf support.