[Axiom-developer] Emacs mode in Windows

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Emacs mode in Windows
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:03:32 -0700 (PDT)

Well, it doesn't work out of the box, but after some tweaking I managed
to get it to run.  The primary problem seems to be that the prompt
work-arounds needed for the patch-49 version aren't required for the
(older) Windows binary.  It's not clear to me why, although I do recall
earlier discussions about this "double prompt" behavior on Windows.

Anyway, for those who absolutely can't wait to have something better
than the dos window, this might help.  I don't know how to "special
case" Windows cleanly in Emacs yet, so this version is a one-off from
the sandbox pamphlet for now.  I loaded it by opening the file in
Emacs, doing the byte-compile-and-load menu option, switching to
scratch, and then typing M-x axiom-mode.  Something cleaner is probably
possible but that's how I normally test this so I haven't figured out
the clean way yet.

Cheers,
CY