RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Emacs + input syntax

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Emacs + input syntax
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:46:04 -0400

On Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:01 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> I would always suggest to forget about the #pile mode when
> you program in Aldor ...

Why? Your suggestion seems to me only a kind of
linguist prejudice.

I much prefer this notation. I think it is a strong
point of both SPAD and Aldor that they support it
(SPAD requires it). It is briefer, cleaner and easier
to read. What purpose does the extra bracket { ... }
syntax serve if we all agree that "good" programming
practice demands consistent indentation?