Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: Ben Collins-Sussman
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:13:46 -0500

On 10/6/06, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Can we get the 1G and be done with it?

.. but then how would help debug the Google, svnsync, svk, and svn
programs? ;)

Enough is enough.  You guys have been more than patient as our guinea pigs!

I just rsync'd your sourceforge svn repository down to my local box
(165MB), made a dumpfile from that, then did an 'svnadmin load' in our
datacenter.  Disturbingly, it still took two hours to load the history
and used up 381MB of space.  I don't know whether our size-counting
code is buggy, or if our Bigtable storage schema is just really that
bad, I'll be investigating.  It's not your problem.  :-)

You're now live... all 176 revisions are up and happy.  You're only
using 381 of 750MB of quota, so you should be fine for a good while.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

(Remember, do an https:// checkout if you intend to commit changes;
http:// checkouts produce read-only working copies.)