[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom for OS X and the BSDs

From: Gernot Hueber
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom for OS X and the BSDs
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:04:58 +0200

root writes:
what about the BSDs? For some time I think I am the only one :-( Gernot

Gabriel Dos Reis writes: > "Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes: > > | Is anyone working on Axiom for OS X? > > Not right now, but I need to get to it, because 66% of my students > runs on MACs. > > -- Gaby
I tried FreeBSD. The key problem is that the C include file tree
diverges wildly from the linux C include file tree which requires
a lot of #ifdefs. These have to be found, one by one, which is very time consuming.
At one point Unix had a Linux-compatibility effort but I'm have
yet to run across it. Are you aware of this work?
Tim

Hi, my last try (before the new configure) was not really that problem. However, AFAIK FreeBSD is does not yet support gcl >2.6.7. I have Axiom patch-49, gcl-2.6.7 + dynamic loader support, and axiom 1.0.3 running on a FreeBSD 6.1 system. (I posted a patchset to the list some time ago). Hopefully, after next week I can spend some more time on these issues. Gernot