RE: [Axiom-developer] Latex hangs

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Latex hangs
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:13:23 -0400

On October 24, 2006 1:53 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> Nevertheless, last week you thought about making your Gold-to-be
> public. We should have your tla branch and Silver on sourceforge
> and google in sync. Everything else confuses people no matter how
> many SCM-systems we use for axiom.

I think that if Tim likes git, then dropping arch (tla) in favour
of git would be big step forward - not as nice as if everyone could
agree on some just one SVM, but much better. At least Tailor would
allow simple two-way sync'ing between git and svn (and hg and darcs)
where as this is not possible with tla.

I use Tailor now to keep darcs and hg versions of build-improvements
branch in sync with Gaby's svn branch every night. Adding git to this
automatic interchange would be very simple.

I can add a paragraph in the Experiment section of AxiomSources for
git if you like.