Re: [Axiom-developer] Latex hangs

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Latex hangs
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:35:20 -0400

> > So, I suspect we have to make a list of people for whom either SF or
> > Google SVN works and decide where we go from there.
> >

> For me SF SVN works. I did only tiny commits and one of them failed
> (I had to redo it), so I am not sure how well will scale. Getting
> sources was slow, but updates are fast enough.

well, in that sense, SVN "works" for me too. a full checkout involves
a checkout command followed by a minimum of 9 update commands to get
the missing files and a commit requires several tries. an average
checkout-change-commit cycle takes me approximately 2 hours, all
of which require my attention to succeed.

my notion of "works" leans more toward git's model. the whole
checkout-change-commit cycle works about as fast as a local
file system copy, it succeeds, and i don't have to babysit it.

source code control systems should be as reliable, simple, and as
fast as using a cash machine. SVN feels like trying to arrange
an international bank loan for $20. :-)