[Axiom-developer] Boot and other Lisps

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Boot and other Lisps
Date: 13 Mar 2007 02:04:14 -0500

Howdy!

  As of revision 445, bootsys from src/boot in build-improvements
can be built with GCL, SBCL, CLISP.  Just configure with the option

     --with-lisp=<your lisp command>

That was an opportunity to clean up src/boot/Makefile.pamphlet a bit.
I merged boothdr.lisp, npextras.lisp and exports.lisp in a single
file, initial-env.lisp, which I augmented with functions to interface
with the build machinery.

I've not tempted to build src/interp yet -- and it is not going to be
an easy party.

Building bootsys with SBCL and CLISP is amazingly fast, compared to
building with GCL.