Re: [Axiom-developer] Boot and other Lisps

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Boot and other Lisps
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 05:31:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Howdy!
>
>   As of revision 445, bootsys from src/boot in build-improvements
> can be built with GCL, SBCL, CLISP.  Just configure with the option
>
>      --with-lisp=<your lisp command>

EXCELLENT!

> That was an opportunity to clean up src/boot/Makefile.pamphlet a bit.
> I merged boothdr.lisp, npextras.lisp and exports.lisp in a single
> file, initial-env.lisp, which I augmented with functions to interface
> with the build machinery.

Interface in the sense of getting variable settings from the autoconf
system?

> I've not tempted to build src/interp yet -- and it is not going to be
> an easy party.

No.  Is the plan to alter the boot files to use Shoe, or simply tweak
the interp system as is to run?

> Building bootsys with SBCL and CLISP is amazingly fast, compared to
> building with GCL.

Really?  SBCL is not surprising, but I would have expected Clisp to be
a lot slower.  Interesting.

Thanks Gaby for all of your hard work!

CY

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time