Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / pape

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / paper
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:26:03 +0100 (CET)

> Dear Neil, Dear Waldek,
>
> the best thing is to compile and install Waldek's distribution, since it
> contains many important bugfixes which did not yet make it into trunk.
>
> I hope you have subversion installed. (http://subversion.tigris.org/) If so,
> please do the following:
>
> svn co https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/branches/wh-sandbox
>
> cd wh-sandbox
>
> svn co
> https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/branches/build-improvements/gcl
>  gcl
>
> !!!!!!!!!!!! Waldek, does Neil need to install noweb, too? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, noweb is required.  So (assuming there is no noweb on the machine)
one should also do:

svn co
https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/branches/build-improvements/noweb
 noweb

If subversion is a problem I (or maybe Martin) could provide a source
tarball containg all needed pieces (in the past I created a few
such tarballs for my use on machines without network connection).

Also, it may be necessary to instal some devel packages -- by defaults
many distributions do not intall some components needed to compile
Axiom.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden