[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86

From: gdr
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 16:17:38 -0500

Quoting Bill Page <address@hidden>:

Gaby,

My attempt to build axiom on my Solaris 10.2 x86 system from the
most recent build-improvements source ended with the following
error while building sman and friends:

[...]

sockio-c.c:(.text+0x1b9): undefined reference to `socket'
sockio-c.c:(.text+0x205): undefined reference to `bind'
sockio-c.c:(.text+0x23c): undefined reference to `listen'

[...]

Apparently ./configure did not locate the required sockets
headers. Do you have any idea what might be wrong? Or how
I should attemt to debug this?

if configure did not find the sockets headers, it would have
aborted at configure time.  My suspicion is that it did find
them, but somehow, it could not find the associated libraries.
Please, could you send me the config.log file and see where
there the socket library had been put in different file?

I tried to install openSolaris nevada build 60 on my Dell Optiplex
745, but eventually I gave up and installed SuSE instead. :-(
The reason being that openSolaris 64bit seems to be largely
unsupported by GNU tool chains, and openSolaris seems to ignore
many of GNU software. :-(