Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 14:58:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- address@hidden wrote:
> I tried to install openSolaris nevada build 60 on my Dell Optiplex
> 745, but eventually I gave up and installed SuSE instead. :-(
> The reason being that openSolaris 64bit seems to be largely
> unsupported by GNU tool chains, and openSolaris seems to ignore
> many of GNU software. :-(

I've only installed it in a plex86 environment and haven't really
worked with it, but you might want to try Nexenta and see if that
works:  http://www.gnusolaris.org/

I don't know that 64bit support will be any better, but the GNU
toolchain support in Nexenta may be in better shape.

Cheers,
CY

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html