[Axiom-developer] RE: listings oddness

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: listings oddness
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 00:25:49 -0400

Cliff,

On May 7, 2007 12:00 AM you wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
> > Normally it is expected that you would use something
> > that would be interpreted as a comment in whatever
> > programming language you are using.
>
> In this case it doesn't matter - I just need a string that
> won't show up in any code we will ever write, because it is
> used only by the listings package when processing the LaTeX.
> In theory it will never need to be seen by human eyes.

I guess I still don't understand, could you please explain why
you need this again? Is it to create hyperlinked identifies?
have you considered using fancyvrb as described in section
4.15 Interface to fancyvrb, page 39  of the listings.pdf? See
especially morefvcmdparams for how to include hyperref commands.
Of course this is just "in theory", I haven't tried it yet... :-)