[Axiom-developer] cl-web v0.6

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] cl-web v0.6
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:22:39 -0700 (PDT)

For those who are interested, I've uploaded cl-web v0.6 here:

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/starseeker/cl-web-v0.6.tar.gz/download

And the example pdf here:

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/starseeker/cl-web-v0.6.lisp.pdf/download

I've added come style fixes from Kai, and have switched over to using
trivial-utf-8 for the array-to-string and string-to-array operations.
Testing indicates no appreciable speed loss.

More interestingly, this version has a rudimentary weave ability as
well.  It's not well documented yet but it works well enough to be able
to weave itself, and the pdf above is not a hand made example but the
actual result of weaving cl-web-v0.6.lisp.pamphlet.

The kicker, that I haven't fully solved yet, is the escape character
needed by the listings package to insert tex into code.  This is needed
for the chunk reference links, but the character chosen for escape
can't be used in the code itself.  That's a problem.

I'm using "!" right now, but in order to avoid that being a problem for
weaving this file (after all, for ! to be defined in the code it has to
be in the code, which means it can't be used for that code, etc.) I had
to use code-char in a couple of places.  The more general solution I'm
afraid will have to check proposed escape characters against chunk
contents on the fly to find one that can work for that particular
chunk, but that's a likely killer for speed.  Fortunately I was able to
work around it here, but the more general solution isn't there yet.
Anyone know of a good way to address this problem?

Cheers,
CY

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.