Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:51:19 -0500

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Martin Rubey <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Just another idea: M-up could get you into output "mode", and in that
>> "mode", some ordinary keys have a different meaning: b for blue
>> foreground, B for blue background, g for green, r for red, space for
>> black, etc.  That would really be a killer app!  None of the current
>> interfaces for maple, mathematica, mupad, etc. is able to do that!
>> I beg you to look at it!
>
> I'll check - Jay, does Emacs allow that kind of dynamic, context
> sensitive key binding?  I MIGHT be able to put together some sort of
> hack but an Emacs supplied mechanism would be better.

Well, you could have a key to change the keymap: M-up changes from
axiom-mode-map to axiom-paint-map, for example.  Or bind keys to
functions that behave like (if in-some-region (action-1) (action-2)).
I was looking through previous messages, and I don't know what the
`paint' is supposed to do.  Is `b' supposed to change the character
after point to blue, for example?  Why?

Jay