Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Martin Rubey <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear CY,
>
> just another detail: C-a c is a really bad choice for putting input
> and output to the kill ring, since it conflicts with C-a (beginning
> of line).

The abbreviation was ment to be Control-Axiom, but I should have
guessed that would conflict with something.

> I suggest to use M-k:
>
> M-k runs the command kill-sentence
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
> `textmodes/paragraphs'.
> (kill-sentence &optional ARG)
>
> Kill from point to end of sentence.
> With arg, repeat; negative arg -N means kill back to Nth start of
> sentence.
>
> (an input output block could be seen as a "sentence", don't you
> think?)

Hmm, but if M-k is associated with kill that's probably not a good idea
either, since the operation is a copy and not a removal.  What about
Ctrl-Shift-a to get into Axiom commands?  Does that conflict with
anything?

Cheers,
CY

Finding fabulous fares is fun.