Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:41:20 -0400

Jay Belanger wrote:

> I guess the older overlays have higher precedence than newer ones, but
> the manual doesn't seem to mention that.

I have a vague recollection of running into something like that, but
I'll have to check the code for painting the input red upon change.
This sort of thing was what drove me batty about getting things working
in Emacs.  I can't escape the nagging feeling that a Better Emacs could
be created, but I guess until someone does we're sorta stuck...

Between the day job and personal commitments it's going to be a little
while before I can devote any serious time to EAxiom work, but
I will try to revisit it.

I just tried a basic session on my machine and I didn't seen any
problems with cursor placement - can anyone confirm this behavior?  I'm
using GNU Emacs 21.4.2 on gentoo linux.

As for key bindings for movement, I may try to make this configurable.
Personally I prefer having the basic up and down arrow keys take me to
the input lines, but I can see where other people would want other
options so the logical thing I think is to provide some default key
binding profiles based on user settable variables.  (One more thing to
figure out how to do...)

Does anyone have a nice complex axiom startup input file I can try in
order to see if the crash due to processing it is repeatable?  I've
never used one myself.

Cheers,
CY