Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Boot, Virtual Machine

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Boot, Virtual Machine
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:09:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > On Wed, 23 May 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
| >
| > | There is a few snippets which were really converted to work around
| > | limitations of Boot.  In fact I yesterday commited one such
| > | snippet:  I needed double precision numeric constants, but both
| > | old Boot and Shoe were mangling them.
| >
| > Please, be more specific. Show the codes so that we know how to deal
| > with them.  I've have lots of emails coming in (over thousand) per day
| > I don't necessary go into great depth into every program generated emails.
| >

| That is a Lisp function I added.  In comment you may find Boot version.
| My problem is that old boot read '1.0d0' as '1.0' followed by
| identifier 'd0'.

Thanks for the example.  A few remarks:

  (1) the float format in new Boot is double-float, so you don't need to
      say anything special to read double-float
  (2) new Boot uses the Lisp read to read constants, so reading the
      Lisp formatted float should be straightforward to get in.  I'll look
      into that.

  (3) you can declare variable typs in Boot by specifying their types:
         var : type