RE: [Axiom-developer] CCL maintenance.

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] CCL maintenance.
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:07:03 -0400

On May 30, 2007 1:22 PM Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> I have build CCL based Axiom using NAG cdrom.  You need a few
> tweaks but they are rather obvious.  64-bit version that I
> build have a little display glitch (prints some garbage
> charaters). 32-bit version does not have this problem.

Great. Thanks for checking this.

> To make things clear: version on NAG cdrom builds algebra
> from Lisp files.  To rebuild algebra from spad soureces
> would require extra effort.

I think this the normal way that Axiom was bootstrapped.
Once you have a working version of Axiom, then the Spad
sources are compiled in the normal way. Do you mean that
the NAG open source release cdrom does not contain the
makefile logic necessary to compile the spad sources?