Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows
Date: 09 Jun 2007 10:16:04 +0200

Dear Tim,

address@hidden writes:

> In the last couple weeks I posted some links to a native Hyperdoc.  But
> without the sman controller it cannot talk to Axiom and I did not complete
> that part of the port.

Yes, when you sent me the mail, I misunderstood that part and thought that all
of the work was done already.

> I'm working on a branch that will replace the current user interface
> with a standard browser,

So, why don't we do this as a team?  I don't know really what your approach is,
but I think what I have shown in my proof of concept could be easily extended.

So, how could we join efforts?

    I do not understand how to extract the information about uses, users,
    dependends, dependents.  I can currently only get the documentation for
    operations and constructors, properly hyperlinked.  If you or anybody could
    help here, that would be wonderful.

The main advantage of my approach is that we can use an existing, well-tested,
well-supported tool, namely tex4ht, so we can to keep LaTeX documentation
(which is a requirement for me) but use any browser.  (another requirement: I
am not going to tie myself to firefox) Since I cache the generated html, the
time overhead is not an issue.  In my opinion, the results are beautiful.

At least to me it seems that my mini-webserver is robust enough for
professional work.  I was unable to crash it.

The code I have written is only a few lines (maybe 20 or so), it delegates a
lot of work to gcl, axiom, tex4ht, md5sum, a browser.

I'd really hope that we could work together,

Martin