Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows
Date: 09 Jun 2007 15:35:10 +0200

Gregory Vanuxem <address@hidden> writes:

> > I'll resurrect it if there is interest.
>
> I'm interested, since some time now, in console mode documentation so I would
> like to play with your code.

Hm, but the main point of my code is to display the doc in a browser.

> My main problem is that I don't now what queries are acceptable. Can you give
> me some samples (in console mode so something like
> getDocumentation("foo`%20`bar")) ?

OK.  But I'd rather suggest you use

ops: Database IndexCard := getDatabase("o")$OperationsQuery

and read the documentation of Database.  In fact, there is an example in the
axiom book.

Note that getDatabase hould return some large number (the number of all
operations in axiom). if it doesn't, get a better axiom.

getDocumentation takes a string of the form

"op`params`origin"

where pattern matching is supported via the special sequence %20. (should be
changed in fact, it should better be the empty string.)

It returns a string which is the name of a html file generated via htex4ht.
The name is the md5sum code for the complete specification.  For example:

(12) -> getDocumentation "binomial`%20`OutputForm"
   ["binomial","%20","OutputForm"]
   ["obinomial`2`n`(_$,_$)->_$`dOutputForm``253816"]
   "57fde9cb599e74b4e1917af8ae728a05"

   (12)  "57fde9cb599e74b4e1917af8ae728a05.html"
                                                                 Type: String

the result is (well, should be) the md5sum of

obinomial`2`n`(_$,_$)->_$`dOutputForm

Hmm, not sure what the `253816 is.  It seems that some debugging is
necessary...

Martin