Re: [Axiom-developer] Symbolic Algorithms Standards

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Symbolic Algorithms Standards
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 09:10:57 -0400

Dear Tim:

This would be a very ambitious project. In brief, I think it would be more manageable to collect survey papers and books rather than a list of papers leading up to the most recent or efficient algorithms. The reason is, it is difficult to "order" the latter (chronological order by publication dates is only an approximation due to the lag between the research work and final publication, and may lead to claims difficult to adjudicate). Survey papers or books have done the "distillation" and are usually easier to follow. At least, I think that might be a first step. The next stage can be a refinement to include the critical papers themselves.

William

On Sat,  9 Aug 2014 22:54:14 -0400 (EDT)