Re: [Axiom-developer] Symbolic Algorithms Standards

From: kp
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Symbolic Algorithms Standards
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 23:00:14 +0200

Such a collection would be indeed desirable as there is none - at least
not comprehensive enough. Most favourable of course would be a library
of formally verified algorithms like CoqEAL
(http://www.maximedenes.fr/content/coqeal-coq-effective-algebra-library)
taking advantage of the relatively new SSReflect (tutorial ->
http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/40/77/78/PDF/RT-367.pdf).
The implementation of Bourbaki's "Elements of Mathematics" by Jose Grimm
(http://www-sop.inria.fr/marelle/gaia/index.html) demonstrates in an
impressive way the feasibility to create such a mathematical firm
collection of algorithms.
Regarding 'pseudocode' it might be better (imho) to use the language of
one of the available proof assistants of which Coq is only one suitable
to do the task (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_assistant). Although
I have no profund knowledge of the others (than Coq and Isabelle), it
would be surely preferable to choose one that is capable of 'code
generation' as it might be easier (one day ;) than expected to write a
generator for spad/aldor.
Kurt