axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] TexMacs Windows Axiom<->Maxima incompatible (DLL?)

From: Herb Martin
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] TexMacs Windows Axiom<->Maxima incompatible (DLL?)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:25:08 -0600

> Herb,
>
> If you haven't already, I think you should try sending a
> copy of your email to the texmacs developer list:

> You might meet more people there who can answer your
> question.
>
> Let us know if the conclusion is a specific library or
> other imcompatibility.

Ok, thanks.

Before I do that I would like to understand better
what is supposed to be working (on Win32 without an
explicit CygWin install.)

I have installed Axiom and understand there is a
TexMacs included:  tm_axiom.exe

This runs if started first.  But I don't seem to
have (or perhaps understand) any connection between
Axiom and TexMacs.

Also when using draw commands (from the Axiom docs)
from within the Axiom command line I get socket
errors which implies that some program should be
setup perhaps as a "server" etc.

 (41) -> draw(f, 0..4)
    Graph data being transmitted to the viewport manager...

    >> System error:
    SOCK-SEND-INT is invalid as a function.

 protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
 (41) ->

Maybe there is a doc I missed for installing Axiom
and getting it to work with (the included) TexMacs
or for creating Graphics....

--
Herb