axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] TexMacs Windows Axiom<->Maxima incompatible (DLL?)

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] TexMacs Windows Axiom<->Maxima incompatible (DLL?)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:04:50 -0500

On January 25, 2006 9:09 AM Herb Martin wrote:

> > 2006/1/25, Tim Daly (root) wrote:
> > If the TeXmacs plugin for Axiom has been kept in the same
> > state as I left it, this plugin starts AXIOMsys directly.

?? The TeXmacs axiom plugin (tm_axiom etc.) was originally written
by Andrey G. Grozin.

> Is that for the Windows version of Axiom?

Yes. There is a modified version to tm_axiom for Windows based
directly on Andrey's original program but using a more efficient
(for Windows) threaded programming technique.

> When I try to run tm_axiom (which I thought
> was runable before) it gives this:
>
> E:\dev\axiom\mnt\windows\bin>tm_axiom
> ☻verbatim:☻channel:prompt♣☻latex:\red$\rightarrow$\ ♣♣☻verbatim:
> ☻channel:prompt♣☻latex:\red$\rightarrow$\ ♣♣☻verbatim:<ENTER>
> ☻channel:prompt♣☻latex:\red$\rightarrow$\ ♣♣☻verbatim:^C
>
> (I added <ENTER> to show that I pressed Enter there.)

What you are seeing is the internal communication protocol between
tm_axiom.exe and TeXmacs  (complete with embedded binary codes).
This is not a program that would normally be run by the user.

Regards,
Bill Page.