Re: [Bayonne-devel] Newbe problems with ASR

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Newbe problems with ASR
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:14:45 -0500

The ASR feature was a highly experimental feature developed from cvs head and
as part of the 1.3.x test releases.  It is not represented at all in 1.2.x.
It was built around using sphinx with an auxiliary server, Giza.  The
principle issue with it is that, under the voicetronix driver, the quality of
recognition seemed to be bellow acceptable standards, even with a very small
corpus.  It seemed to work better either with a soundcard, or the oh323
driver, when either was set to sample at 16 bits and use linear audio.  It is
possible an Aculab implementation of ASR will eventually be integrated into a
future release.