bbdb-user

Re: Bug in BBDB3 for wanderlust

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: Bug in BBDB3 for wanderlust
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:09:53 +0200

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 20:51:41 +0200,
Roland Winkler wrote:

> On Fri Sep 20 2019 Greg Bognar wrote:
> > For the record, we did compain about it, e.g.,
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/bbdb-info%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg06745.html
> >
> > After several fruitless exchanges, I gave up on getting auto update to work.
>
> As I said before, I am sorry I cannot help much with wl. -- Can you
> check whether the patch proposed by Fred helps with your problems,
> too?  That would certainly be useful!

I can confirm that the current mua-auto-update functionality is broken
and the provided patch does fix it.

The problem with the current setup is that hooking
`bbdb-mua-auto-update' into `wl-message-redisplay-hook' causes
auto-update to run with point in the message buffer. The message
buffer is not in a major-mode supported by bbdb-wl and thus the
auto-update fails.

Hooking into `wl-summary-redisplay-hook' works because then
auto-update is run in the summary buffer.

Best
  -- David

--
David Maus M.A.