bbdb-user

Re: Bug in BBDB3 for wanderlust

From: Greg Bognar
Subject: Re: Bug in BBDB3 for wanderlust
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 14:18:16 -0400

> > On Fri Sep 20 2019 Greg Bognar wrote:
> > For the record, we did compain about it, e.g.,
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/bbdb-info%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg06745.html
> >
> > After several fruitless exchanges, I gave up on getting auto update to work.
>
> On Fri 20 Sep 2019 at 14:51 Roland Winkler wrote:
> As I said before, I am sorry I cannot help much with wl. -- Can you
> check whether the patch proposed by Fred helps with your problems,
> too?  That would certainly be useful!

Unfortunately, I don't notice any difference after applying the patch.  My bbdb
settings are:

(bbdb-initialize 'wl)
(bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'wl)
(load "~/.emacs.d/filters") ;; Filters for BBDB
(setq bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p '(query . create)
      bbdb-update-records-p 'query
      bbdb-mua-auto-update-p 'search)
(setq bbdb-file "~/.emacs.d/bbdb"
      bbdb-mua-pop-up-window-size 2
      bbdb-layout 'one-line
      bbdb-pop-up-window-size 5
      bbdb-complete-mail-allow-cycling t)
(add-hook 'bbdb-notice-mail-hook 'bbdb-auto-notes)

When I open an email from an address that's in my database, I do get a pop-up
window with the record.  When the email is from an address that's not in the
database, nothing seems to happen; I don't get queried about adding it.  (That
was the desired behavior.)

When I comment out the following lines, nothing happens (no pop-up windows at
all).  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.