bbdb-user

Re: add sender without mail if mail is in some ignored-list?

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: add sender without mail if mail is in some ignored-list?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 14:24:06 -0400

Bob Newell <address@hidden> wrote:
    >> Functionally, completely ignoring name/address pairs that contain a
    >> banned address part like address@hidden is the right thing to
    >> do, in my view.

    > This is what I've done for a while, too, with
    > bbdb-ignore-message-alist.

    > I'm probably missing something, but I don't see the point of
    > adding a BBDB record that contains no information. But if you
    > wanted to do that, I imagine you could advise whatever function
    > processes bbdb-ignore-message-alist.

My thought about putting it into the BBDB (with a flag) is that there is
something that can be displayed, and it's easier to "configure", while the
ignore-message-alist is easy to forget about, or find.

And if one synchronizes your BBDB elsewhere (such as to my laptop via
git...), then it moves stuff there.
I had code that increments a counter every time I saw something from a
source.

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [