bibledit-development

[be] [task #9739] share reference with Xiphos

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #9739] share reference with Xiphos
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:02:59 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: teus
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Reference sharing with Xiphos has the following status:

Being under the impression that Xiphos would use the DBus for reference
sharing, Bibledit implemented the DBus system for communication with other
applications.

The Xiphos source was looked at whether it uses the dbus, and it was found
that the source made no reference to it.

On a public Xiphos list, the matter was brought up.

One of the developers said:

"If I'm the one implementing (and no one else has really volunteered),it will
likely be through sockets and giochannel, rather than dbus. I've been
researching it in the last couple of
days, and I feel like I have a general idea of what I would like to
do, but it won't be in Xiphos until at least 3.2."

The implementation of reference sharing with Xiphos, therefore, has to be
postponed since it waits for Xiphos implementing it.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9739>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/