biborb-general

Re: [biborb-general] importing bibtex file

From: Paul Martinelli
Subject: Re: [biborb-general] importing bibtex file
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:36:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Paul Martinelli <address@hidden> wrote:

> An error occurred
> Aborting...
> Error: Undefined variable: surname
>
> Error at line 130 of file PARSECREATORS.php
>
> PHP 4.4.0-3 (Linux)
> BibORB 1.3.3 (14 May 2005)
> Consider reporting this error at
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/biborb if it is
> reproductible.

Ok, I got around this by creating an empty library
from the main BibORB menu, manually copying the
corresponding *.bib file of the same name, and then
running "update from bibtex".  This gave no errors and
I can browse and edit the library with BibORB when
logged as my admin user.

However, another issue came up.  The library cannot be
sorted appropriately with any criteria (e.g. author or
ID), which I suspect is related to the way that BibORB
is interpreting these fields.  How should the values
in those fields be written so they can be correctly
used for sorting?

Thanks again,

PM

http://mail.yahoo.com