biborb-general

Re: [biborb-general] authentication

From: Paul Martinelli
Subject: Re: [biborb-general] authentication
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:34:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- Paul Martinelli <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, I think this is what's causing me problems, as
> don't see how to keep them independent.

Ok, I think I got it working with 'files' as
authentication method -- I couldn't make it work with
Apache authentication.  Basically, I did:

1. In config.php

/**
 * If TRUE, this will disable authentification.
 * All users will have the administrator status
 */
define("DISABLE_AUTHENTICATION",FALSE);

/**
 * Authentication methods: mysql, files
 * Used if DISABLE_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE
 */
define("AUTH_METHOD",'files');

2. Edited the bib_users.txt and bib_access.txt files
in the data/auth_files subdirectory, following the
instructions in those files as Dominik had pointed
out.

Although it would be nice to understand how to do the
Apache authentication, I'm happy I got a working
BibORB installation.  I'm still struggling with the
error in my other posting related to import of bibtex
files.

Thanks,

PM

http://mail.yahoo.com