biborb-general

[biborb-general] importing bibtex file

From: Paul Martinelli
Subject: [biborb-general] importing bibtex file
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:56:44 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, I'm
trying hard to set BibORB up.

Leaving the authentication problem aside for now, I've
tried to import a bibtex file into BibORB using the
menu button.  The import process stopped with the
following error:

An error occurred
Aborting...
Error: Undefined variable: surname

Error at line 130 of file PARSECREATORS.php

PHP 4.4.0-3 (Linux)
BibORB 1.3.3 (14 May 2005)
Consider reporting this error at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/biborb if it is
reproductible.

I'm not familiar with php at all so could only check
what was on line 130 of the indicated file to see that
$surname is defined there somehow, but it's not
detecting the surname in my bibtex file.  Could you
please point out what conventions the bibtex file
should follow?

Thanks,

PM

http://mail.yahoo.com