biborb-general

[biborb-general] authentication

From: Paul Martinelli
Subject: [biborb-general] authentication
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would appreciate some help with the configuration of
BibORB, as I can't make it following the documentation
and found little help elsewhere.

No problems with installation and checkup when
authentication is disabled.  However, I've tried to
setup authentication and followed the docs to do:

1.  Created a user/password pair:

htpasswd -c .htpasswd foo
New password: ******
Re-type new password: ******

2.  Changed config.php

/**
 * If TRUE, this will disable authentification.
 * All users will have the administrator status
 */
define("DISABLE_AUTHENTICATION",FALSE);

/**
 * Authentication methods: mysql, files
 * Used if DISABLE_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE
 */
define("AUTH_METHOD",'files');

3.  Modified .htaccess by uncommenting the lines

<Files .ht*>
      deny from all
</Files>

AuthName BibORB Restricted Area
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd_biborb
require valid-user

It seems that the problem is I'm not supplying the
right values in the last lines in step 3.  My question
then is what value should BibORB (for AuthName) should
be replaced with and what kind of path should be
supplied to AuthUserFile (relative to what)?

Thanks in advance,

http://mail.yahoo.com