biborb-general

Re: [biborb-general] authentication

From: Paul Martinelli
Subject: Re: [biborb-general] authentication
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dominik Benz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Of course you can combine both kinds of
> Authentication, but it is
> important that they are basically independent.

Yes, I think this is what's causing me problems, as I
don't see how to keep them independent.  My confusion
probably stems from the doc string in config.php,
which says:

/**
 * Authentication methods: mysql, files
 * Used if DISABLE_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE
 */
define("AUTH_METHOD",'files');

So it seems like I *have* to choose between 'files'
and 'mysql' if I want to use any authentication at
all.  Perhaps I could understand the relationships a
bit better if I can have a look at somebody's
config.php and htaccess, and with some luck from
somebody that's using apache authentication only.

Thanks to both of you,

PM

http://mail.yahoo.com