bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Bandwidth Usage

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Bandwidth Usage
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:12:38 +0300

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 15:34, Amin Abbaspour wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'm looking for a program to say how much of my network or dial-up
> bandwidth each process is using. Any Idea?

# apt-cache search sniff

airsnort - WLAN sniffer
darkstat - a network traffic analyzer
dsniff - Various tools to sniff network traffic for cleartext
insecurities
ethereal - Network traffic analyzer
harden-remoteaudit - Audit your remote systems from this host
hunt - Advanced packet sniffer and connection intrusion.
karpski - ethernet analyzer and sniffer
kismet - Wireless 802.11b monitoring tool
libwellenreiter0 - Opie wlan sniffer/monitor library
ngrep - grep for network traffic
nwatch - Network service detector.
scapy - Packet generator/sniffer and network scanner/discovery
sniffit - packet sniffer and monitoring tool
snort - Flexible Network Intrusion Detection System
tethereal - Network traffic analyzer (console)
traffic-vis - A sniffer that can display reports in HTML, Postscript and
other formats
ettercap - Multipurpose sniffer/interceptor/logger for switched LAN

Cheers

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.