bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Bandwidth Usage,darkstat and a terminal one,

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Bandwidth Usage,darkstat and a terminal one,
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:31:37 +0300

On Thursday 17 July 2003 11:00, Kaveh wrote:
> Dear Aryan
>
> I have an old rh :) 6.2 server and I was informed it,
> has consumed about 60GB last month. Yesterday I
> rebooted the system and, I was looking for a
> monitoring program,
> The darkstat you introduced is a very nic one , with
> nice reports, thank you,
>
> If you have used it can you or anyone else tell me if
> it is possible to produce these infos without
> darkstat, in terminal,
> the data is absolutely there. Is there any
> terminal-command to get them, because I like terminal
> much more and found it more reliable and usefull,
>

> for a glance to reports see this links:
>

> http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/screen-1.png
> http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/screen-2.png
> http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/screen-3.png
> http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/screen-4.png
> http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/screen-5.png
> http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/screen-6.png
> http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/screen-osx.jpg
>

> thank you, aryan and others for your nice replies,

Kaveh, sorry for the late reply, I was busy. Better late than never...

darkstat is a packet sniffer. Little tiny programs which are very
usefull sometimes. I have never used this one myself, but several
command based (no graphics) sniffers are also available. "etheral" and
"hunt" comes to my mind. etheral is command line based, however it also
has a Gnome front end. You can use either command line, or the
graphical.

Cheers
--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.