bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Linux Start-up Time?

From: Hooman Baradaran
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Linux Start-up Time?
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:41:44 -0400

On Saturday July 19 2003 9:19 pm, Zoup wrote:
> What do you mean by "load" , Boot ?
Yes, sorry.
> check rc script's in /etc/rc.d and remove which you dont need , also check
Been there, done it. Doesn't help much. Maybe 10 seconds tops.
> inetd configuration file , are you compile new kernel ? did you enable some
in inetd configuration I could make it 20 seconds faster but giving a path to
one of the commands (can't remember what but the message that came with it
was "finding module dependencies") that searched for kernel.
> DebugFS or ExtraCheck ?
Kernel is not debugged. That is the difference between Mandrake and Knoppix I
guess. Mandrake's kernel is compiled with everything (although I can get the
source RPM and compile).

How about KDE? That is actually more annoying. How can I make KDE faster? 1
minute is too much for every log in.
--
Hooman Baradaran
address@hidden